Amazing Protein Bars
Try it and once you find a mix of ingredients you like, make a bunch of batches, freeze them, then grab them and go when you are on the run.
This protein bar recipe is a lot healthier for you and for your wallet, plus who doesn’t love some chocolate now and then, especially when it’s this healthy?
How healthy they are:
– Seeds and nuts give a great dose of healthy fats that are good for you and great for leveling out your blood sugar levels.
– The optional protein powder provides a nice dose of protein. (Yes, I know this is not a “real food”, but for those of us dealing with food allergies, sometimes this is the best we can do)
– Coconut oil is a great healthy fat as well
– No preservatives
– No questionable “natural flavors”
– No highly processed protein powders (depending on what you choose if adding a protein powder.)
– No extruder-processed puffed grains and such that have been cited for questionable effect on health
– Low Carb for those who need it
– Allergy-free – You can make these bars however you need to in order to avoid allergens or sensitivities
This Protein Bar Recipe is one of our favorites – Grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free and soy-free homemade protein bars, great for special diets.
Substitute up to the total amount of the flax meal with the same amount of rice protein for an extra punch of protein. Nutribiotic makes a great brand from non-GMO brown rice. You could also use some of this great grass-fed gelatin to firm up the bars and give more protein.