How to Treat Ingrown Toenail at Home
Ingrown toenail is a chronic disease in which a variety of reasons comes to ingrown one or both side of toenail edges. There are various methods of conservative and surgical treatment of this disease, but in the early stages, before emerging complications, treatment of ingrown nails can be performed at home.
Procedure for healing ingrown toenail:
1. Create a warm foot bath to separate the skin and nails. You can make it with 2 or 3 tablespoons of baking soda into 5 liters/169 oz of water with adding salt. The water temperature should be 37 degrees .Keep them in the water for 20 minutes.
2. Then try to take the corner of ingrown nails. To facilitate this painful procedure, take a piece of plaster and glue one side of it well on the side of the finger next to ingrown nails, pull it aside and secure it on the inner surface of the nail. The cornered painful nail will become more accessible.
3. Lift the end of the nail with the help of a small stick and try gently to press a piece of cotton or gauze between the nail and soft tissues. It is best to pre-soak a piece of cotton in iodine, antibacterial ointment or wonder-balm.
4. At the top put gauze, treated by the same means, and wrap the finger with bandage.
5. For 24-hour repeat the procedure with new bandage.
Gradually, the nail will be raised above the soft tissue and will slowly come out of it.
It is very important to soften the tissue and change the bandage daily (between tissue and nail). The nail will grow only in height. In the future, do not forget to properly do pedicure.
Not allowed to self-healing ingrown nails at home, especially if there are feet steaming signs of purulent inflammation of the soft tissue. In this case, be sure to consult a doctor.
Attention: Diabetics better not do this. They should not use iodine.