Why You Should Never Eat Tilapia
It could be best for you or harmful depending on the choice. Depending whether the fish is caught in the wild or it’s from fish farms.
The most common fish from fish farms is: tilapia, salmon, catfish.
5 reasons why you shouldn’t eat tilapia
1. Studies have found that the Tilapia farms can cause inflammation. Tilapia can worsen the inflammation that can lead to arthritis, heart disease, asthma and other health problems. Those who are eating more fish as a way to get their dose of omega-3-fatty-acids and reduce their risk of heart attacks may want to hold off on the tilapia.
2. Farmed fish can cause cancer 10 times more compared to the wild variety. And as the cause of the source that is used on the farm to raise fish. Pig, duck waste and chicken feces are one of the main ingredients that go into food feed.
3. Did you know that the omega-3 acids found in fish farms is less useful to our bodies as compared to wild farmed fish. Fish farms have a lower protein content and a higher concentration of omega-6 acids. If you take too much omega 3 and omega 6 acids can cause inflammation in the body.
4. Dibutylin, chemicals used in PVC plastic is said to be 6 times higher in rural compared with wild fish. Dibutylin may be the main reason for the increase in asthma, allergies and other metabolic disorders in recent years.
5. Dioxin levels were 11 times higher in the farm compared to wild fish. Dioxin is a toxic substance that can cause cancer and other complications. The problem is that when he comes into our system it needs a very long time until it is let out. Dioxin can live for about 7-11 years.
The biggest lesson that we can get from this is that we should find out where our fish is coming from, because not all fish are created the same. It may harm us instead of helping us.